Perfect for individual or group instruction, First Steps is an excellent resource for introducing absolute beginners to the Irish bodhrán. This text uses a progressive step-by-step method to teach novice players how to perform their first reel and jig. With easy to understand notation, numerous audio recordings, and supplementary video examples, First Steps is your first step towards a better understanding of this uniquely Irish instrument.
This book includes:
- Thorough step-by-step instructions (with photos) on how to hold the drum and tipper
- 22 basic exercises to develop your facility on the drum
- Resource lists for additional learning opportunities beyond this book
- Audio recordings of all melody and drum parts
- Access to an online video library of all drum parts